Knowing how to drive safely during the winter can help prevent you from having an accident. If you’re venturing out onto snowy, slick or icy roads, follow these winter safe driving tips:
- Stay home, if possible. Only go out if necessary during hazardous winter weather.
- Be alert. Avoid activities such as eating and using your cellphone while driving.
- Drive slowly. Driving slow in slippery conditions helps prevent skidding and accidents. Reducing your speed allows you to keep control of your vehicle.
- Keep your distance. Give yourself as much space as possible between yourself and other vehicles.
- Avoid cruise control. Always be in control of acceleration and deceleration in snowy or slippery conditions.
- Use your headlights. Turn on your low-beam headlights, even during the day, to increase visibility on snowy roads.
For additional information or questions about driving safely during the winter, contact us today.
© 2021 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.